Trade Marketing Manager (COT)Apply now »
Date: Apr 28, 2017
Location: New York, NY, US, 10018
Company: Luxottica Group
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 7,200 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
Luxottica’s Wholesale teams deliver the highest quality frames, best-in-class expertise and a deep understanding of products and markets to support our customers and fuel their businesses all over North America.
GENERAL FUNCTIONThe Marketing Manager crafts and executes the trade marketing plan for Channels of Trade in order to grow said Channels of Trade by leveraging the Group's Brands and the category segments (optical and sun). The Marketing Manager strategically positions and presents the brand(s) in the most enhancing way in order to achieve defined business objectives established in collaboration with the Sales Team, Trade Marketing Director and Brand Trade Marketing Managers/Brand Managers, in compliance with Luxottica’s goals, guidelines and objectives. The Marketing Manager is responsible for the relationship with clients and Channel of Trade and for developing and executing all programs designed to increase brand visibility/image at the point-of-sale – brick and mortar and on-line - and ultimately product sell-in and sell-through.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works in conjunction with Sales Team/Brand Trade Marketing Manager/Brand Manager to develop and create a trade marketing plan designed to drive business in the Channel of Trade, including visual merchandising tools, sales contests, holiday promotions, seasonal events, etc.
- Identifies needs and opportunities in terms of trade marketing tools and services for the Brands in order to drive brand image and business in the market and properly and timely requests them to the Brand Teams
- Identifies needs and opportunities in terms of trade marketing tools and services for the category in the assigned channel of trade and develops them in an appropriate and timely manner
- Ensures proper usage and deployment of said trade marketing materials and services for the clients and field sales team
- Tracks competitive activity, category issues, retail environment and provides feedback to internal resources.
- Defines the trade marketing budget and tracks budget of all Trade Marketing spend of the channel of trade.
- 5+ years of marketing experience with at least two years of trade/field marketing experience
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- High level of understanding in field/trade marketing activities
- High level of computer literacy: Excel, Word PowerPoint
- Proven track record on managing/ building teams
- Position requires travel domestically and internationally (approximately 30%-50%)
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business or Sales
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Luxottica HR Solutions Group at 1-866-431-8484.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Merchandising, Manager, Marketing Manager, Brand Manager, Marketing, Retail, Management