Financial Analyst- CommercialApply now »
Date: May 14, 2017
Location: Port Washington, NY, US, 11050
Company: Luxottica Group
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 7,200 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
Luxottica’s Wholesale teams deliver the highest quality frames, best-in-class expertise and a deep understanding of products and markets to support our customers and fuel their businesses all over North America.
GENERAL FUNCTIONThe Financial Analyst has oversight on Net Sales, gross margin and Commissions reporting for North America Wholesale, Rayban.com and Oakley.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees monthly reporting and analyses for North America wholesale and rayban.com.
- Supports month-end closing process by preparing net sales draft (last working day of each month), journal entries and accruals for submission to Shared Services.
- Creates reporting and analyzes month-end results by providing both quantitative and qualitative comments on variances vs prior year, budget and forecasts.
- Prepares monthly consolidation and executive financial packages.
- Creates new models, improves upon, and maintains existing models.
- Generates monthly reporting for distribution to business partners (Net sales by brand/Channel of Trade/Region).
- Supports ad-hoc requests from corporate in Milan.
- Oversees quarterly forecast, annual budget process and 3 year plan.
- Develops working models for input and assumption validation.
- Generates analytics to support sales and marketing leaders in forecasting activities.
- Works closely with cross-functional leaders and challenges the process when appropriate.
- Develops, maintains and documents complex financial models for financial planning purposes.
- Identifies and acts on opportunities to automate, streamline and improve reporting and budgeting procedures.
- Consolidates inputs and reports results to Sr. Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting
- 2+ years’ experience in Financial Analysis
- Strong modeling and financial analysis skills
- Solid understanding of General Accounting
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel & Access)
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately critical
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Knowledge of SAP and Hyperion/Essbase
- Experience in multi-national corporations
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Luxottica HR Solutions Group at 1-866-431-8484.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Long Island
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Retail Sales, Retail